David Goggins is one of the toughest people on the planet. Who is he? and why is he so physically and mentally tough?
- He is the only person to complete SEAL training (3 Hell Weeks) U.S. Army Ranger School, and Air Force Tactical Air Controller training.
- He has competed in more than sixty ultra-marathons, triathlons, and ultra-triathlons.
- He broke the Guinness World Record by completing 4,030 pull-ups in 17 hours.
Those are a few of his accomplishments and for more + his full story, I strongly recommend his book Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds.
Below are two of his fitness challenges and a quote from his book; enjoy, and let me know if you try out either challenge!
David Goggins Fitness Challenge 1: Nickels and Dimes
Do 5 pull-ups (nickels) and then 10 push-ups (dimes) every minute on the minute.
- So if you do the 5 pull-ups and 10 push-ups in 30 seconds, you get a 30-second rest. If it takes you 50 seconds to do the set, you only get a 10-second rest.
Do this for 10 minutes.
- Total will be 50 pull-ups and 100 push-ups.
David Goggins Fitness Challenge 2: Burpees
Do 100 burpees (timed).
- Under 10 Minutes – Solid
- Under 11 Minutes – Acceptable
- Over 13 Minutes – Unacceptable (do it again)
Quote from David Goggins’ Book
Human beings change through study, habit, and stories. Through my story you will learn what the body and mind are capable of when they’re driven to maximum capacity, and how to get there. Because when you’re driven, whatever is in front of you, whether it’s racism, sexism, injuries, divorce, depression, obesity, tragedy, or poverty, becomes fuel for your metamorphosis.Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds.
The most important conversations you’ll ever have are the ones you’ll have with yourself. You wake up with them, you walk around with them, you go to bed with them, and eventually, you act on them. Whether they be good or bad.
David Goggins Pull-Ups World Record Attempt